FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Basic Economy - Discussion, Q&A, ... {Archive}
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:07 am
threeoh

Originally Posted by pinniped
Been a while since I've flown United, now coming back since I'm once again UA Silver post-Marriott/SPG merger.

I have an itin coming up with myself plus 3 others. If I buy BE on a single PNR, is that 4 full-sized overhead bin bags plus 4 checked bags? Or some lesser number like 2+2?
Assuming you are on the same reservation here. I believe the checked bag benefit is up to 9 companions, and the full-sized carry-on extends to everyone who gets Boarding Group 2, which should also include up to 9 same-PNR companions. If their boarding passes don't say BG2 for whatever reason, I would not expect that they would be able to board with you or bring a carry-on. So check in at T-24 just to confirm and have an alternate plan.

If I do *not* buy BE, is it possible that all four of us can select E+ seats at check-in, or is that limited to Silver + 1?
That's just Silver + 1.

It's a Saturday morning flight...probably won't be full...that's the only reason I've even considering BE.
Do not have any expectation that you will sit together. If there are seats together you'll get assigned together. More likely you will end up in scattered middles.