FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Marriott General Discussion Thread
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:21 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by JBord
The communication around the issues has certainly not been good. Overall communication about the merger has been pretty good I think. Clearly they were caught off guard and couldn't figure out a communication plan to react to the problems. They should issue an apology for that. A generous promotion or handout for elites with any status wouldn't hurt either.
I think the lack of communication is the big sticking point for me! Stays and points not posting for over 20 days now is bad enough. Worst of all the new issue of Lifetime Elite Nights being adjusted down without any explanation at all. How in the hell is anyone supposed to figure out what is right and wrong with their account anymore? It's been said numerous times before but why in the world did this need to be done in August? Why not wait till Jan 2019 and take another four months to figure the crap out and do it right? It would have been so much more transparent for everyone!

I have to stay till years end because I need to finish my 10th year as platinum for Lifetime elite...hopefully Premier if they get the lifetime nights back to where they were. After that I plan to free agent hotel stays and look for other alternatives instead of automatically booking a property like I always did with SPG.