FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:04 am
cattp

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by rossmacd
For those saying that they are currently travelling and wont be able to get new cards from their home/office/whatever address for many weeks/months (as I currently am), I'm afraid to call you out that this is bad planning on your part. I carry 5 separate credit cards with me - a mixture of AMEX, Visa and MCs all issued by different financial institutions from 3 separate countries. Not only does this give me access to a massive amount of credit should I need it if the worst happens, but also access to funds should I need to cancel one of the cards for fraud etc. It is all in the planning, especially for very frequent travelers....
As with every thread, there's always one person such as this, who has to flash their status and unnecessary input. It really isn't bad planning for someone such as myself that relies on only 2 accounts, with 2 different banks but has had them both affected, and I don't have 5 backup's from global institutions, as all that ego just doesn't fit into my wallet, unfortunately. Also, the fact that I am travelling imminently doesn't help matters at all, this should have never happened on BA's part. So take your 'massive amount of credit' and don't judge us for not even bringing this upon ourselves in the first place.