FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Peso Meltdown DO - any interest...?
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:30 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's an interesting idea. Realistically, it would need to be fairly soon so that there less risk of the peso recovering or the country doing something to intervene or return somewhat to the fixed exchange rate/blue period. Moreover, hotel prices start to go up and hotels become full (as do flights) as the holidays approach and high season fro travel to Argentina arrives (South American summer). On the USA side, most people have probably already committed to Thanksgiving plans, where Thanksgiving is increasingly becoming a ten or twelve day long holiday weekend (roughly November 16-17 through November 25 this year, where the actual turkey day is Thursday November 22). This only leaves the first half of November for candidate dates IMO.

I'd potentially be interested if the dates were to work for me and if flights (DL for me) and hotels (that I like) are available for reasonable prices.