FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:20 am
heraclitus

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by ffsim
I admit I haven't been following this thread too closely, but what evidence do we have that bookings are being cancelled? Are you talking about forced bookings made since the latest round of "IT problems" began around 8/22, or are you talking about any existing bookings?
To be clear, nothing was said about existing bookings being cancelled and there is nothing that would suggest that is happening.

What the last agent I spoke to said is that when attempts have been made to book flights on blocked carriers (LX and the like), they get cancelled automatically due to the mysterious "IT problem". Apparently there is no way for AE to convince LX et al that these tickets are legitimate. So she was basically pre-empting any possibility of me spoon-feeding her the flights that I want and that have been consistently available for Sunday departures for months up until this latest round of so-called "IT problems".

So that leaves me here, totally at Aeroplan's mercy to restore access to the full range of carriers again.