FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Texas is calling next year... but where should we fly to?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:55 am
747_not_777

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I've just noticed that the OP seems to be saying that they're using a 2-4-1, which would mean BA flights only. I hope I haven't misunderstood.
Yup - I should have made that clearer. So looking at into Austin, and out of Dallas so far. Thought keeping further away from the coast during hurricane season was also probably a good idea.

It's just so irritating. Tonnes of availability for THREE F seats, but never, ever, FOUR after April/May next year. So I either leave one child at home (!) or book J and just check regularly to see if something appears randomly and move us all up. I wondered about booking 2 in F, and waiting 24 hours and seeing if more release - I read in another thread that others had done similar and seen more F seats become available 24 hours later, but seems a bit too random and I'd like to try and avoid unnecessary ticket change fees unless 4 in F suddenly come up.

One other question... If I book 2 J tickets from my (Gold) account with my 241, and then 2 J tickets from my wife's account (Blue) with her 241 (we're in a household account), can I then link the bookings and assign seats on the U/D in J through my Gold status, or will I always have to pay for my wife +1 to assign J seats?