FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at ANC; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:23 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Awesome - thanks - is it even worth at this location doing an F group or just do a C and as a PC get an upgrade. Feel like booking an F is a bit of a waste. Is this location good on the one bump up on PC renting a C group.
Most of my Hertz rentals in ANC are from downtown (saves a good chunk off of airport taxes, and with family there, it's not hard to avoid picking up at the airport). I logged what I have gotten in ANC up in post #2 of this thread. I suspect half the upgrades to the SUVs, etc. have been simply that they were out of my reserved FCAR at the downtown office, so I have no idea if it's actually typical for a PC member.

As a PC, your upgrade is (supposedly) guaranteed, not space available, so I don't think you have any reason to pay for the bigger car. My experience with Hertz in ANC (both off and on airport) has been that they're reasonably friendly and competent, so I wouldn't guess you'll have any trouble with them.