FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's with AS F availability?
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:41 pm
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by obnoxoid
This happened to me on an SFO-IAD trip earlier on. The logic in the system is just not there. Got a few flippant responses from social media and staff stating that the upgrade processor tries its best to sit people on the same PNR together. Everyone on board was perfectly nice enough to want to swap seats around, and it probably didn't hurt that we weren't the only couple traveling together that this happened to.

I have to also agree with leaving revenue on the table. I don't believe that anyone would pay $1,499, or worse, $1,999 which is the SFO-DCA going rate for F most days.
Yeah, we got 2C and 2D (aisles across). That makes sense because if you look at their seat assignment logic, the automation assigns seats back to front. If I apply a GGU at booking with no seat, I always get last row.

We were #2 and #3 , so presumably #1 got 2A in the empty cabin. I think there is no logic to give a pair to a couple or anything like that.

Similar to your situation, we shuffled around. Shuffling is relatively easy since there's no seat logic and they dump and fill the cabin at once, so basically nobody is in their desired seats and nobody minds moving.