FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual fee retention bonus for Starwood Amex Card (Pre-May, 2019)
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:54 am
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by sinfonia
Did SPG cardholders receive any sort of loyalty bonus for keeping the card through the merger? I ask because I received a mysterious 10K in my account when my monthly spend points posted this month. I have no idea what it is from and it is labeled "loyalty." I did have an outstanding issue with them for several months where they said they would give me 10K for I think $3K spend and they never posted it and basically said they never would, so I actually gave up on that a couple of months back. I would be surprised if this is that, but don't know what else it would be. Also, that was supposed to be 10K points pre-merger, which I think should have been 30K now? So I am still trying to figure out what they are.
Update: okay, I just called in about this and they said that indeed, it was the 10K points I was offered way back in November or December that they said they would never post. I guess somehow my appeal worked and they posted it. However, when I asked the agent in the department that deals with this about 10K SPG points not equaling 10K Marriott points, she just said that nothing else could be done because "that is just how it goes after the merger." It seemed weird to me. Honestly, I had sort of written it off so did not expect anything, but does this seem odd? Does anyone else have similar issues where SPG points promised before the merger end up coming as the same number of Marriott points?