FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airports in which you don't bother to use BA lounges
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:45 am
Lefly

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Unfortunately I’m talking about the CX lounge too, which is basically an airport departures area decorated to look like the old CX lounge style with some free pot noodles and terrible coffee thrown in. Toilets were also unacceptably messy for a CX lounge the last couple of times I’ve been there. Sounds like you were in one of the MU lounges rather than the dire 'Premium' Lounge everyone else is sent to at CAN.
Before discovering premium travel, I thought lounges were simply private/walled off waiting areas. My first experience of lounge has been in the Pergolesi at MXP, and I was very impressed.
Ok, now I can make comparison between CX at HKG, Flagship AA at JFK, GF at LHR etc. but for me, when looking just for a comfortable seat (as in padded armchair), maybe a power port and something to drink, almost any lounge is still better than be seated at a gate. Apart from ZNZ, lounge toilets seems to be always better too.