FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for half a day in Chicago
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:27 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Thinking about:Visiting Museum of Contemporary Art and (or?) CAF Cruise on Day 0 mid-day / early afternoonStaying at Westin Chicago River North in a Peleton-equipped room (easy walking distance from where I need to be at 9 AM)Catching exORD flight at 8 PM on a Th, departing hotel (w/ carry-on only) at 6 PM
Reasonable? Try to pack in some more?
I highly recommend the CAF cruise, although I strongly recommend wearing a wide brimmed hat; I got royally sunburnt on a 5:00 pm cruise in mid July.

The Museum of Contemporary Art is on the agenda for my next visit in mid September, it's a five minutes walk from my daughter's apartment.

BTW, I love The Art Institute of Chicago, it is one of the greatest museums in the world.

As far as a 6pm departure from the North River area for an 8pm flight from O'Hare, that's beyond my risk tolerance. It is probably doable on the Blue Line, which takes approximately 45-50 minutes from the Loop to the airport, however, if you're planning to ride a cab or Uber/Lyft, traffic on the Kennedy Expressway can be quite miserable in that direction at that time of day.