FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any new promos for Fall (MegaBonus, etc.?)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:28 pm
Newman

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by EricH
This MR-SPG merger debacle is simply beyond the pale. They had years to develop their integration plan but every step has required extra steps on our part (combining already linked accounts?) or waiting for things to work out (my account shows three nights and points but not the stay last week, but they're working on that). A gesture is due.
Beyond the pale? Hardly. Debacle? Not even close.
Yeah there are a few glitches, but Marriott is dealing with them... slowly, but surely.
My Marriott Platinum Premiere status took a week to appear in my account. No big deal.
My points for a post-merger stay have appeared in my Total Points, but not yet in the Activity section of my account. No big deal.

Did you really expect a merger of this magnitude to proceed without ANY glitches? If you did, then you must have ZERO knowledge of how complicated mergers and acquisitions really are.

I look past the growing pains of the merger with the knowledge that my universe of hotels has increased 50% to what it was pre-merger. Also, Marriott has upgraded me from Platinum to Platinum Premiere with a wide array of increased benefits; additional benefits that Marriott bestowed upon me - and I didn't having to do a thing!

If you think Marriott owes you something because you have to perform the Herculean task of actually linking your SPG and Marriott accounts (took me all of five minutes, and that included a 2-minute bathroom break), you are seriously mistaken. Marriott owes you nothing. Marriott has the best Hotel Rewards program around. BAR NONE.

If you're not satisfied, try Hilton, Hyatt or IHG. I can guarantee that you'll be whining and complaining over there in a short time.

Newman.....

Last edited by Newman; Sep 4, 2018 at 4:53 pm