FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KL tightens non-rev regs (a teeny-weeny bit)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:19 pm
OpenSky

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Non-rev perks do not form part of the collective bargaining agreement, so KL can change the rules on a whim, much to the chagrin of the unions.

- the seat allocation generated by the reservations system must be adhered to. Hitherto, GAs have "corrected" seat allocations, as the reservation system allocates from back to front and from highest to lowest in the non-rev pecking order, which the unions consider unfair.

Johan
Well I only wish US airlines would do this. Back when I was flying United, my seat ( often the nicest on the plane) was often poached by the GA on behalf of non-revs while I was moved to another seat. In the same cabin of course. Complained to United many times, documented the incidents, and reported them. Some of these incidents went to the employees file.

Non US flag airlines would never do this. At least to my knowledge.

I guess, i can be assured that next time I book seat 4B ( the crown) on the 744, it would stick.

The few times I have encountered KL non reves were on the 787-9, and often they spent a huge part of the flight chatting….
My favorite non revs are on LH. No one asks for anything special, and they basically take what ever is given to them.

And for those that wonder how I can tell who is a non rev, well, its not that hard. After a while.