FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BAFirst Class OMG!
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:34 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Speaking of Emirates, here's a view from one of the passengers who recently travelled first class to singapore...Poor First Class Experience With Emirates

"I booked a ticket to Singapore in first class (round trip.) I wanted to change the travel dates online but the system insisted that I visit the nearest Emirates office. In addition to paying the full price of first class ticket I had to incur additional charges such as parking fees (in Kuwait) and taxi fees (visit the office in Singapore) just to change my travel dates. To add insult to injury the B777-300ER to Singapore had the old ICE (not touch-screen.) On the way back to Dubai in first class I asked for a hot chocolate but it took them some time to prepare it. They blamed the delay on the malfunctioning machine. Furthermore, I had to wait over 20 minutes just to order breakfast. When I asked the cause of the delay they mentioned that it takes time to heat the meal! When I ran back to the galley to ask for sugar for my second hot chocolate I found 5 or 6 cabin crews having a meal and chatting with each other rather than looking after first class passengers."
Yeah, most ridiculous complaint, very entertaining thread.

Before you get too excited, the oldest ICE is actually a touch screen, just a very poor quality one, however there are still two additional controllers, one of which is a big touch screen tablet, and the IFE selection still has over 3000 movies and TV shows + live TV to chose from. And the champagne is cold.