FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many here are actually regular LY travellers, and how many purely enthusiasts?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:31 am
clubman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
How many here are actually regular LY travellers, and how many purely enthusiasts?

I really would appreciate all the regulars here answering this, as I'm intrigued.

It certainly seems that threads about LY giving their aircrafts a retro paint job, someone holding the worlds largest LY memorabilia collection, or new aircraft (understandably) get far more responses/discussion than threads discussing issues that seriously effect the regular travellers and FF members, such as the upcoming devaluation to the club, effecting most Matmid members, especially those with status.

A smilier thread in the BA forum would have hundreds in not thousands of responses within 24 hours. I know you cannot compare the traffic (the BA forum get's tens of new threads a day posted there), but still, just 8 people have bothered to respond and discuss the changes to Matmid which considering how bad they are, is astonishing.

Based on what threads people here tend to respond to, my guess is there are far more occasional travellers here who don't really care about status, or points etc, and tend to have some emotional attachments to the airline (thus usually will avoid responding in threads that might seem to bash ElAl), than regular travellers that tend to hold status and care about it.

Am I wrong?