FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How was your first Starriott stay?
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:36 pm
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dcchi
At first I tried explaining that I was a Platinum Preferred elite which was higher than Platinum. The FDA apologized for the issues but said that on SPG, Pfd is below Silver/Gold/Platinum...

I wonder...

Is this bad training? Or a misleading computer system? Or both?

The old SPG status structure is dead. The new loyalty program does not have an status tier called Preferred.

I wonder what code the front desk sees. Perhaps, the agent sees something along the lines of PR for Platinum PRemier — which a front desk agent at a Starwood legacy property could read as PReferred.

This is unacceptable service. I would recommend to dcchi to speak to the manager on duty. The hotel not only owes it to dcchi to provide the appropriate benefits for a Platinum Premier Elite guest, but also to pay the penalty documented at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...s/guarantee.mi and in the terms & conditions.

The hotel owes dcchi $100 USD because of the hotel's failure to honor the Guaranteed Platinum Elite/Platinum Premier Elite Welcome Gift. At Westin, the gift choices are: "1,000 points per stay or amenity per stay or breakfast in restaurant per day (including resorts)."

If there is a lounge, the dcchi should have lounge access too. And the front desk should have made an effort to upgrade the room for a Platinum Premier Elite guest.