View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 18, 2:51 pm
dcchi

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, National Executive
Plat Premiere lifetime member, all from the Marriott side of things. Decided to do a one night stay at my first SPG hotel today at the Westin Chicago Northwest. Not pleased at all. Asked about lounge and welcome gift/other benefits, and was told I was a Preferred according to spg (I reserved this reservation a couple of days ago, ie postAug 19th and via my Marriott account). At first I tried explaining that I was a Platinum Preferred elite which was higher than Platinum. The FDA apologized for the issues but said that on SPG, Pfd is below Silver/Gold/Platinum...

He said he would tell his supervisor to give me the points welcome gift (chances of that, anyone betting?) but of course the entire thing called into question all the platinum benefits like highest speed internet, breakfast, late checkout, upgrade availability. I have thankfully avoided hotel stays the past few weeks because I could, but this first toe dip in the water and I can feel just a little of the pain that others have been discussing!

Last edited by dcchi; Sep 1, 18 at 3:09 pm