FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:11 am
Pamplona

Programs: LH Senator, AF/KL Platinum Ultimate, Le Club Accor Hotels Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
A question to you ULTIs: how loyal are you to AFKL? When given a choice between them and competitors, do they get nearly all of your flying business? Are you open and pick other airlines because you don't care about getting more into bed (more XPs, feeling more at home, etc) with AFKL? Did you make ULTI by accident?

Reason I am asking is that on Tuesday morning there was a chap sitting a row in front of me on an LX flight CDG-ZRH, he was Club 2000 Ultimate according to his luggage tag. He exited in Zurich, so not connecting to another destination that AFKL woulnd't serve maybe. However, he could have taken an AF flight at exactly the same time - so he wasn't on LX for better schedule either. So I started wondering about the loyalty of ULTIs.
I became Ultimate « by accident »: I actually never heard about that status before getting it.

The only reason for me to fly AFKL is KLM’s flown destinations: they are strong at second / third tier airports in Scandinavia and good in China, too (Chengdu, Xiamen, Taipei). With CityHopper, I am connected from my home airport to AMS 3 to 4 times a day.

When flying East Europe and more popular destinations in Asia, I usually go for LH group (LH, LX, sometimes OS).

AF is almost black listed to me. I cannot afford to be stuck in Paris 3-4 times a year because the pilots, or the cabin crew, or the ground staff, or the catering company or the air trafic controller or whom ever else is striking.

XPs (or what ever miles is provided in other companies) is not considered when booking. First priotity for me is to get a matching flight schedule with as less connections as possible. When I have several choices, I go for LH Group for the perfect service provided to HON members.

ULTI should simply NOT be a target to no one! As reported in the previous 95 pages of this forum, their is no advantage to get ULTI (specially when flying KL).

So, you could also see me very often on Star Alliance flights, even being ULTI!