FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A rant on AA award options
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:48 pm
kapooncha
Suspended

Originally Posted by no1cub17
That data is probably proprietary but certainly the vast majority of people I talk to don't even know that you can redeem AA miles for CX J, for example. And I'm talking about people who fly at least a few times a year, not people that are totally unfamiliar with FFPs. I'd imagine (without any data of course) that a lot of people just go to aa.com and redeem miles however they can online without even bothering to find out about other options. The best was when a friend burned 50k on a domestic aanytime award when the cash price was around $400. Her justification was she'd just returned from backpacking in Asia and needed to save money!
Agreed. Your average mom and pop flyers log into their account. They have 90k miles and they see they can get 2 roundtrip tickets to visit Grandma in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, for 90,000 miles. They high five each other and celebrate they were able to save $500 which they can use for little joey's braces.

Originally Posted by AZbba
You should really be racking up AS miles if this is what you're going for.
AS miles really aren't easy to accumulate since BoA put in the restrictions on CC apps. Best way to get AS miles was through CC's and Marriott Travel Packages. And both options have been severely cut back.