FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott's No Blackout Policy, Post-Merger General Discussion Thread
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:38 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
They can do some "weird" things if they really want to. Yesterday, I wanted to make a 5 night award reservation at the Disney Dolphin resort. For some reason, I could make 5 individual 1 night standard award reservations, but couldn't make a single 5 night (to get that points for 4 get 5th night free.) So I called and they also couldn't do it. It even went up a few levels. Finally, they just decided to make a 3 night award reservation (using 150K points out of my account) and then add on the 2 extra nights, but not charge me any more points. So my reservation now has an interesting "Can't display the full reservation error" and I was told I will need to call back in a week or 2 (after the dust settles) and get them to fully complete the reservation. But for the time being, I have a 5 night award reservation in the system (but only using 150K points.)