FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:54 am
Macaron54

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
A question to you ULTIs: how loyal are you to AFKL? When given a choice between them and competitors, do they get nearly all of your flying business? Are you open and pick other airlines because you don't care about getting more into bed (more XPs, feeling more at home, etc) with AFKL? Did you make ULTI by accident?

Reason I am asking is that on Tuesday morning there was a chap sitting a row in front of me on an LX flight CDG-ZRH, he was Club 2000 Ultimate according to his luggage tag. He exited in Zurich, so not connecting to another destination that AFKL woulnd't serve maybe. However, he could have taken an AF flight at exactly the same time - so he wasn't on LX for better schedule either. So I started wondering about the loyalty of ULTIs.

In all likelihood the Ultimate/Club2000 that you met has already reached the 1,800 UXP threshold guaranteeing renewal of his status. The absence of UXP rollover is not the best incentive to ensure the loyalty of the airline's top-tier customers, but I would imagine that the program management thought about it when they made this decision .