FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A rant on AA award options
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:18 pm
kapooncha
Suspended

Originally Posted by redtop43
I rarely fly internationally. If I had to make a complaint, it would be more about search than availability. *A is best (IMO), OW next, ST is awful. I will allow that I found a SFO-ORD-AMN (Amman Jordan) J saver award for a friend a few months ago; on the return I had to book her on a 2-hop on ST through Saudi Arabia.

I'm pretty happy with Saaver availability on domestic. A few years ago when I made Plat on a challenge and had no shot at high status, I flew a few award tickets, and I've gotten a few for friends. IIRC, there was a time when US Air had something like 14% availability on saver domestic awards (AA might have been higher).

Yeah, I want a Saaver First award to Oz. And two hot 20-somethings to go to Vegas for a week. Any bets on which I can find more easily?
I disagree with your rankings. ST is not awful at all for going to Europe. Hell, just last fall I was able to fly United from ORD-LHR in F class. I got it the seat T-3 and was able to use 70k Singapore Miles to do so. Their chart has been devalued since for ST partner travel but it worked well for me for quite a while.