FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:14 pm
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by yeunganson
My experience of the franchisee hotline was use the Group Posting Tool with meetings and I need to have hotel room bookings. I recall a few in the $800 to Plat staus forum claims their hotel staff gave the member such reply.
They may have received such a response but it was factually incorrect.

Originally Posted by yeunganson
Let's not get distracted on my main point. The main point is those with no show can issue a charge-back and the hotel is pretty screwed. I don't think the credit card company is going to accept no meeting, no person, nothing happened and just an email the hotel is authorized to charge for the meeting charge. The hotel is likely going to lose the charge back and get a penalty for having such problem. I am not confident enough that credit card and status maximizers can resist the greed temptation and not attempt this. Just need to create enough charge backs so hotel learn their lesson and Marriott would do something about it on the corporate end - like a freeze or audit on those members that do charge-backs.
There's no distraction, my point is part and parcel of what's going on. Do you think the credit card will initiate a charge back if there's no prior correspondence or other attempt by designee to cancel the meeting prior to the time and date set? What if the contract specifies a cancel by time? Further, there is nothing in the contract that specifies any necessity to show that I've seen and I've read a few different versions of Banquet orders and RE contracts.

IMO the only way forward is to pressure the hotel to use the GPT and, sadly, this is the only recourse. But if anyone chooses to take your advice I'd love to hear of the outcome.