FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maintaining Status
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:06 pm
ASHFlyer

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by alserire
Just an FYI. I think it was confirmed by someone on here before but just to let people know I got confirmation from EI.

If you have Concierge or Platinum Status you can only fall by one tier no matter how few tier points you earn in the current year.

My example is I am Platinum but because of far less travelling this year and illness I may not reach 301 Tier Points for my current year. I was worried about being dropped back to Green and was actually going to take a couple of cheap hops to London to make 301 (lounge access and priority boarding a big deal for me!) but I don't have to. I will revert back only to Silver no matter what I do. Same applies for Concierge. If you are Concierge and you don't make 601 points in your current year you will be awarded Platinum status no matter how little you earned.

Nice little benefit I have to say.

One final question. I presume they just post you out the new card after your anniversary date?
Yes I confirmed this, it's how how most airline programmes with elite status work including BA.

Yes they will send you a new card albeit knowing Aer Lingus it'll take a few months and will probably be missing the AerClub logo, bag tags etc.