FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver - Wed or Thurs for gardens/park/Granville Island?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:04 am
Hoyaheel

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
We've had a great time watching all the young women and their huge bags coming from the Aritzia sale, as it's just across the street from us! We walked over to the Sun Yat-Sen gardens yesterday and did the tour in a bit of rain - not terrible, we do pack appropriately ;-) Did some window shopping on our walk back to the hotel. After lunch, I wanted to see the totem poles in Stanley Park and our hotel has bikes to borrow, so we did that. It was nice in the afternoon - no rain, some sun etc. But the bike route in Stanley park is one way, so once you're in, you're committed to the entire route. That was a little more than I anticipated, as I hadn't been on a bike in at least 5 years. But we saw lots of wildlife, including seals, all sorts of birds, and many humans enjoying the nice afternoon :-)

We're going to Granville Island today - have been bickering still about how to get there. I'm winning on approach - we'll take the 50 bus - but I think husband could win return (he really wants to take the aquabus, which still leaves us far from our hotel....)