FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are property owners the real “winners” in the merger ?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:18 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by copyright1997

My fear here is that Marriott is losing a lot of current and upcoming business because of pissed off elite travelers who travel frequently for business (as I used to do), and don't want the hassle of checking with every hotel to see if their status is being properly recognized.
As a customer, why is that a fear of yours? That's a problem for Marriott to sort out. I will say, the Marriott I'm in this week didn't welcome me as a Plat Premiere. Which is fine with me, as my key card still worked for the lounge. But I'll watch my points, since this is the first stay since the IT merge.

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Folks are reporting that properties are able to determine what constitutes a “suite” when applying SNA . When trying to apply the SNA , fellow FT members are reporting they are only offered premium rooms or executive rooms as the “suite” upgrade options. That , in my humble opinion , is another “win” for property owners.
It may not be a win or a loss. Could be a short term bug that Marriott will have to sort out with it's properties. But point taken if it isn't corrected.