FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked KA F to PVG but downgraded
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:44 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by kaka
OPs going TO PVG. at HKG staff is more lenient if you give them a F eticket. they probably have notes on what happened too.
Given my experience on IB (you'll connect to someone easier than CX, but its much harder to get anyone to do anything), i would just deal with the whole situation at HKG (I wont even bother with CX/MPO), given that OP WILL have lounge at HKG if all fails anyways and it is unlikely he'll have much to do before a 1300 flight.
I would assume (by experience) KA staff will see notes when you tell them you're in F and they see otherwise, they would then do something to your favour.
You are right, I mistyped and should have written "at HKG".
But that does not change the technical fact that the pax will have a non-changeable J ticket issued by IB. He will not have a F ticket unless IB does a really sloppy job.
CX/KA has communicated to IB (all electronic of course) that there is no F on that flight and offered the choice to book a J seat instead, which has been accepted by IB system.
Sure, the OP could get to HKG several hours earlier and try to be moved to another flight with his award ticket in J. He might get a very nice agent to do it, assuming the agent can see the booking history. The OP could also try to get access to the F lounge (i strongly doubt it). But is it worth the hassle unless the booked flight is heavily delayed and then it will be worth the effort.

If the OP prefer to get another flight, I think that the best option is to call IB and ask for a change without fee. And the miles credit should be automatic, but I am not familiar with IB systems.