FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points gone in merge
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:01 pm
nlkm9

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Horace
To everyone here who has an SPG account and a Rewards account and is concerned that their SPG points and nights have disappeared because signing in at SPG.com only shows Marriott Rewards points and nights:

— Unless you are one of the few who has taken action to combine your accounts while this function was briefly available online, you still have both accounts. The programs have been combined, while retaining three loyalty program brands, but member accounts have not been combined automatically.

Marriott.com and SPG.com are now the same website, running on the same domain (Marriott.com), just with different branding. Unfortunately, browser cookies, the site's "Remember Me" function, and stored IDs & passwords (for example, in the Apple keychain) are causing confusion.

— When you sign in at SPG.com, your browser might use your Marriott ID and password, so you'll see your Marriott Rewards account, but with SPG branding.

— To see your SPG account, make sure you're fully logged out from the website and that "Remember me" is not checked. You may have to uncheck "Remember me" and then log in and out again.

— To see your SPG account, enter your SPG account number and password. Do not rely on stored account IDs or passwords. Do not rely on your email address as your ID if you use the same email ID for both accounts. You should now see your SPG account. Your old account balance will have been multiplied by 3.

— When you subsequently go to Marriott.com, you might encounter the same problem in reverse. It's the same solution in reverse.

— Don't try to be signed in to SPG and Marriott Rewards at the same time with the same browser.

As you might guess, I had the same problem. The solution above worked for me. I use a Safari under MacOS. Now, when I want to sign in to SPG or Marriott and I click in the "Email or Member Number" field, Safari gives a choice of both account numbers. In this case, I'm relying on Safari, not on Marriott's "Remember me" feature. Your experience might be different with other browsers and operating systems.
I combined my accounts, but I only have 3000 starpoints and still confused where my marriot points are--thats what I had a lot of!!