View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 18, 12:37 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Ericka View Post
Well...we basically just walked around. LOL! That’s all you can do with a few hours in the city. It’s nice you will have a whole day.

Old Town is lovely and there look to be some nice restaurants, raclette, etc. The chocolate shops (even the ever present Sprungli) are amazing and the Swiss version of the macaron is pretty good as well. IIRC, there are many options to see lake Zurich. Ferries mostly, but the hotel should be able to recommend a nice private charter. And there is high end shopping of course. Are you in the market for a new watch?!?

Sorry I can’t offer more specifics. We just didn’t have time to DO all that much.
Actually, that is quite helpful--thanks! That sounds more or less what we already had planned and which the concierge at Atlantis had told us would be best. We wanted a carefree day, anyway,. I was told it wouldn't take much more than a few hours to really walk around the old town portion of Zurich. So you may not have missed much even in your short visit.

I just didn't know if there were any shops in particular that you thought we shouldn't miss. I don't even wear a watch any more, mostly, picking up the habit from my students for checking my mobile phone instead. Darn youngsters.

We also were considering a ride down to Lake Lucerne and maybe a lunch or late snack at the Park Hotel Vitznau--based on so many amazing reviews for it during the off-season. Not sure we will have time, but that's our only other goal for the day.