FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA1305 (ABZ-LHR) Cancellation Sept 21st
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:22 am
nei1c

Programs: BA Rust
Well what a fiasco this has turned into. Finally got round to phoning BA this afternoon and after speaking to 4 different agents and spending 1:15 on the phone I've now at least got flights, just not the ones I'd agreed to. I'm now waiting for them to listen to the tape of the call with agent 2 to see what had been agreed as I've now had my free change....

Before calling, my ABZ-LHR and LHR-MAD flights had disappeared from the booking presumably due to the auto change failing MCT at 35 mins - it was only showing the cancelled ABZ-LHR flight and both return flights. The first and then second agents had suggested the 06:55 from ABZ connecting to the 10:40 from LHR which while not on the 777 saves a 5 hour wait at LHR so I'd agreed to that. I'd then asked about changing the hire car so they'd gone to transfer me, but before they did I'd got the flight change notification which only showed the first flight, and checking MMB the second flight was still missing. The agent advised he'd get it reinstated within a couple of hours, then transferred me to the hire car team to change that.

The hire car agent checked my bookings then advised that there was no need to change the hire car as the times lined up fine. I then checked MMB to see my original 13:20 flight had been reinstated rather than the earlier one. After querying this I got put on hold then ended up speaking to the fourth agent who basically advised I've had my free change so they have to listen to the tapes before they'll make another. Hopefully I'll get a call back next week.

Sorry for the long rambling post but surely it shouldn't be this difficult. We're only going for the weekend so the thought of getting up at the crack of dawn to spend a large proportion of my day in an airport doesn't appeal. The last agent seemed good so I'm sure it'll get sorted out, it'd just be nice if what should be a relatively simple change could be dealt with without having to spend hours on the phone.