FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:51 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could Starriott be reassigning Ambassadors to help temporarily with the call center mess, ideally the elite lines? That could explain some of the AWOL reports.
From the SPG video, it looks like the average ambassador covered around 200 members, or providing 30-45 minutes of support per member, per month. Obviously, some members require more than that on an ongoing basis ...

But, I'll factor in that I've asked for assistance on trips this month more than normal because its holiday month and I wanted to make sure a last minute reservation for the 18th and 19th didn't fall through. But ... if I assume that in the last two weeks that 50 of those members have been calling and emailing about missing stays, what's happening, etc., I can understand how they can't keep up.

Additionally, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes in going from having some people working in a legacy MR ambassador program and some people to working in the legacy SPG program. Somebody must be in charge, making or thinking about changes, which always makes people nervous!