FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded from economy comfort (due to equipment change to 767)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:29 am
HA/UA_Flyer

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
Can you go into your reservation on hawaiianairlines.com and change seats on this new aircraft?

I would call them tomorrow during business hours in Hawaii (not sure where you are located), you'll get the Philippines call center. If you can't get a clear enough answer to options you mentioned, ask to speak to a supervisor or be transferred to an in-house HA agent who may be able to assist who will route the call direct to HA in Hawaii.

In my experience with HA aircraft swaps (most recently due to all the A321neo issues), HA has been very good in notifying me of the swap both via email and phone call. Once notified, I was always able to go online into the reservation and change my seats from the ones HA's system re-assigned me due to the aircraft swap. Of course, this only works if the reservation was booked on HA's website.

I find it pretty odd that there would be no open extra comfort seats open this far out from your flight.....oh wait....shoot that might explain things....is your new aircraft a Boeing 767? If so, then there are no extra comfort seats period on that plane. This probably means your original aircraft was an Airbus A321neo. Which adds to the oddness because by this time of the year, I thought HA was done with the A321neo delivery delays.

Last edited by HA/UA_Flyer; Aug 29, 2018 at 1:45 am