FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:53 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I have better luck finding P fares to Asia than to Europe. For Asia, if I find anything below $4,000, I purchase Polaris Business outright. For Europe, I have not been able to determine yet the number where I should purchase Polaris Business outright but with prices at $7,000 when I need to travel there it's not going to happen. I need advice of what you would consider a good price for Polaris Business to Europe. Thank you!
Well it varies by location. Ex-SFO, we've had discount fares to some combination of BUD, MXP, and BEG (all of which are currently off), ranging from $2800-3600, for much of the past two years. Though right now, it's pretty tough to find anything under $4 or $5k, which is generally above my pain threshold.

Originally Posted by findark
Tuesday or Wednesday, via ORD or IAD (in that order). September is a very tough month because it's when everyone gets back to work after the holiday period; if you can stretch into the second half of October you will get much better odds (but a colder, dimmer Europe).
September is brutal. Trade fairs.