FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEOs and a couple of SH changes
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:27 pm
Will100

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by chongcao
  • All LHR 320 and 321CEOs to be retrofitted with new seating and SpaceFlex Galleys. [translation: [b]more seats per plane and less legroom per seat]
  • New Recaro seats aft of Club which will just have USB power. These seats will not recline. [translation: if you have no status, you are not going to enjoy the recline nor the power socket, second class citizens anyone?]
  • No video screens, manual demo every time. [translation: more work for crew just like those working for Ryanair, manual demo every flight]
  • There’s no waste bins or cold potable water tap at the rear, so all water runs and clear ins in ET will have to be made from the Club galley after they have completed their service. [translation: 1, when you go to rare lavatory, do expect to stump on the waste bags as there is no other place to hold them; 2, do not expect free water any more as the crew are unlikely to finish the service for those added capacity and they have to run up and down few times more to give you free tap water]
  • No duty free on any short haul flights, no space for the trolleys! [translation: no translation needed]
  • BOB is here to stay, as is M&S. There are no plans to add free water/tea/coffee despite any rumours. [translation: even if BA change its course on BOB where they are going to put the free stuff?]
Just quote from the OP. I counted 6 MAIN NEGATIVE points. The new A320 will have the seat capacity of A321 in the old days and the new A321 will have seat capacity for an A330... Welcome to the new Ryanair of Heathrow. And congratulations to all BA passengers, you will thoroughly enjoy the travel experience of sardine in the can. You are now the human cargo for the Vueling London Airways.
All such negative comments as always.

Changes seem sensible to me. A quieter, safer aircraft with no one reclining into me and a few more seats for BA which may keep fares as they are despite the current political unease.

Buy it a Club ticket if you want a bit of comfort/food/G&T, what do you expect for a couple of hours to Europe?