Old Aug 28, 18, 1:12 pm
findark

Programs: UA 1K, DL, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
IME, it's rare to find R space on NRT-IAH. When I've looked, the availability is, more-or-less in order, NRT-GUM, NRT-LAX, NRT-DEN, KIX-SFO, HND-SFO, NRT-ORD, NRT-SFO, NRT-IAD, NRT-IAH, NRT-EWR, NRT-HNL. (Admittedly, I don't always check NRT-HNL, because R space ex-HNL is so hard to find).
Huh, the one (and only, I admit) time I checked on NRT-HNL, it was over by at least 30 in the back and nearly into double op-up territory (fewer paid J than blocked F from the Y oversale). ymmv, I guess

Originally Posted by UAL250 View Post
What is the general consensus on the best days to fly to Europe to get R space? Wednesday? Tuesday? I'm looking to fly to Europe in Sep or Oct and am looking for R space for the night flight over. I am willing to go where the R space is in Europe, and I want to confirm the upgrade at booking. Any routes that are better than others? I'm willing to fly from IAD or DCA to EWR, ORD, or even IAH for a better chance. Thanks in advance. I'm looking very hard but can't find much. I guess it hasn't opened yet.
Tuesday or Wednesday, via ORD or IAD (in that order). September is a very tough month because it's when everyone gets back to work after the holiday period; if you can stretch into the second half of October you will get much better odds (but a colder, dimmer Europe).