FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best superluxury resorts in Caribbean/Central America?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:55 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Not exactly “super luxury” but does anyone know what is going on with StR Bahia Beach?

Quick search says John Paulson and co decided to put $60 million in refurbishments (much better looking in my opinion) and is supposed to reopen late October. However, it being almost September and reservations not being up has me thinking there is a delay. anyone have a scoop on what’s going on?
I'm told it will open in late Oct or Nov (as well as the RC Reserve Dorado Beach). Confidence from my SPG-now-Marriott sources is pretty high.

I am holding a reservation for 5 nights at the StR Bahia Beach for mid February for a work/leisure trip. (I'd also had a booking, since canceled, for my bday in Jan 2019, so the reservations are being accepted.) The $60m renovation is supposed to have updated rooms/suites and public spaces, as well as enhancements for the pool area. (I'd hoped they might add an adults only pool, but I've not heard that was a part of the reno/update.)

I was just at the StR Bahia Beach in Feb 2017 and had a truly spectacular time--despite even the lack of an adults-only pool.

Reservations may be impacted by the recent merged account IT chaos of the Starwood-Marriott systems, so I wouldn't assume that they aren't being accepted.