FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEOs and a couple of SH changes
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:36 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
I doubt these are exceptions as I have often had CE extending to row 14 plus on the HEL run. Whether we like it or not CE does seem to be popular, that or there are a lot of ex EU flights that need to be catered for. We will find out in the next couple of years as the NEO's increase whether BA's choices have worked or not.

I’d be very surprised if the NEO’s have any adverse effect on BA’s very healthy CE loads. They know that their loyal base is unlikely to be discouraged by any perceived downgrading of the product.

A good percentage of those sitting in CE cabins are of course there as part of a multi-sector trip ticketed in J class, and then there are RFS tickets too.

But that aside, and even for purely point-to-point sectors, CE has become a habit for many - whether on expensed travel or not - and I would never undersestimate the propensity of people to pay (what can be) hundreds of pounds over & above the cost of Y for the pleasure of flying in an economy size seat with an adjacent table and something like £5 worth of food thrown in