FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:57 am
wt286021788

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by phltraveler
That depends on the person and how they read the T&Cs.

I would say no, based on my reading/interpretation of the 08/18 MR Terms and Conditions regarding Rewarding Events - that the 10 EQNs applies to either only the first meeting ever or first meeting of the year. @RogerD408 would say yes - based on his reading/interpretation of the same T&Cs effective 08/18, the 10 EQNs applies per separate contract.
We both agree that there is potential ambiguity in the language which needs clarification by Marriott.
@wt286021788 reported upthread here that his second meeting of the year (first meeting occured and posted pre-08/18, second meeting occurred pre-08/18 but posted after 08/18) that the second meeting granted no qualifying nights.
I take this as evidence that only the first meeting (either per year or ever - terms ambiguous) gets 10 nights. @RogerD408 interprets this as a potential IT bug, like the current/lifetime status issues, that is not a priority (e.g. meeting nights posted by rewarding events are not high up the list like the member status issues ) to fix.
Either interpretation could theoretically be correct.

All I can tell you is that this has been debated to death, and if the 10 nights is make-or-break on the decision to hold a meeting under Rewarding Events, you're best off waiting until Marriott clarifies this.
I have tried to reach out the Marriott rewards customer service again and again. As of now, I still haven't received the elite nights for my second meeting, which is the first meeting posted after Aug 18th. So I would suggest NO as of now.