FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miracle onboard (safety video)
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:48 am
Diver Boy

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
I think the fact that the safety video is not appreciated (or is considered asinine) by FT members is not relevant to its purpose. You guys are not the object. You guys are bright, intelligent regular flyers who know (or should know) the drill when it comes to the emergency situations outlined in the video. It's a mandatory requirement to have some kind of message and this format is, in my opinion, aimed at getting people who can't generally walk and chew gum at the same time, to pay attention to what is important. Look at what is on ITV on a Saturday evening and you will begin to understand what is considered popular and funny (and watchable) by a large section of our society.
I fully accept I am not the target audience, I do find some of the humour safety videos funny but not this series. Some of the better videos are QF, prefer the previous release showcasing destinations around Aus but current one is still good. There is humour but it is a bit more understated. With reference to Saturday night TV I am fortunate enough that I can currently watch NRL on channel 9 instead. What I do appreciate about this version is that they no longer refer to CW or First on short haul flughts, such a simple edit. The lack of which on the original version which showed the pour production standards. I think if they tightened up the video, employed better production standards (not money as I'm sure they spent quite a bit but it just doesn't seem like it) and applied quality control (ie carry out research, show slightly different versions (ie different brace position) a group of people and tnt hen ask questions to see if they see differences. Having had to create safety videos in an industry where people might be seeing the same induction video 5 times a week on different sites I know how difficult it can be but also have been able to achieve humour to achieve the desired effect.