FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Years of status is available
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:41 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fluxtravels
Take the following with a grain of salt, but after spending half an hour on the phone with an Marriott Rewards person, they were adamant that the point above was not the case, even after checking with their manager. The explanation I was given is as follows (for MR folks, not necessarily for SPG folks):
  • Year only counts if you spent the entire year at that level or higher (effectively: the status you had on Mar 1 is what is counted). If you started the year as Silver, but qualified for Gold in April, the year still only counts as Silver. The next year would count as Gold.
  • Statuses prior to Aug 18 are not "re cast" under the new rules and counts based on the original 10/50/75+ levels, not the new 10/25/50+ levels. A year spent as Gold would not count towards your Platinum level.
  • Status for 2019 is not counted in the totals and will not be until the next status year in 2019.
I'm still dubious of this explanation because my numbers make even less sense under these rules. At this point I'm just giving up on trying to get it fixed, or to get an explanation that makes sense.

Maybe I'll try again in a month when the goal isn't to get you off the phone as fast as possible.
If I count this way my count does make sense.