FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight 471 San Diego to Seattle, no pilots to be found
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:43 pm
Erasmus

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
But it's not the gate agents' job to track pilots or replace pilots if they are AWOL...
Not being an AS GA, I cannot speak authoritatively about what their job is, but in my experience part of the GAs' job is to verify the ID of the crew members assigned to the flight as they arrive so they can be provided access to the jetway. My point, however, is not that the GA in particular was unaware, but that apparently everyone was unaware--I clearly overhead the conversations between the GA and the FAs that ops, dispatch, etc., etc., all had no idea. It also would seem common courtesy for the pilots to call somebody (scheduling, dispatch, whomever) if they are hung up. As I mentioned earlier, the crew was legitimately concerned for the pilots' health and wellbeing (they were speculating about major accident with the hotel shuttle, etc.,) so this was clearly unexpected for them as well.

In the end, no big deal, but a curiosity to be sure. Would love to hear the back story if anyone uncovers it.