FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed in Marriott
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:44 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I will cancel my points reservations by deadline Sept 9 but.... If someone here wants em, PM me and let's make it happen! Heck, I will get the stay credits for your taking the res over!

... So I have em now and if someone wants em, this is your chance! Let's chat in private! Marriott will allow one to book any room and add/make someone else the person who is on the reservation as the person checking in. All that takes is a simple phone call by me to them to make that happen.
So someone PM me and take it over so someone can enjoy this place because what am I gonna do with more Marriott points? lol
Yes, I agree things are looking bleak right now, but I don't think it is a time to be making long-term decisions. Not that I have faith in Marriott turning things around anytime soon.

Also, you may not be able to change your rez without incurring a bump to current rates. This is a nasty MR habit, so adding someone to the rez may not happen scot free. Not that it would make a difference to you since you can cancel and forget about, but anyone considering this, beware!