FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] Fall 2018 New AS Route Announcement
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:24 pm
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
I was thru LAX probably twice a month for the past year-plus; it seemed like one of the four runways was almost always out of service for some reason or other, and it was a rare poin in time that I couldn’t see half a dozen landing lights out to the east and half a dozen departing jets lined up on both the north and south taxiways
Here's the runway repair schedule (link). It's been going on for about 3 years now, with a couple more to go.

When they're not taking off from the south runways and I'm flying out on AS or UA it feels like we're driving all the way back to Pasadena to get to the start of the runway. I could just stay home and they could pick me up just before takeoff. In the evening there's almost always a couple lines of landing lights out to the east - you can see them from all over the basin. By the time they're even with Mt. Wilson they're getting down low enough you can look down at them if you're in the mountains.