FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Francisco Post-merger luxury opinions
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:23 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
I have stayed at the St Regis several times. Always looked forward to dinner at Ame. With the loss of Ame, it just doesn’t seem as special. Service and rooms are fine.
Recently stayed at the Ritz, I love most Ritz hotels, but there as well I found dinner disappointing. Granted, San Francisco has an amazing dining scene and there is little reason to dine in, but, I am disappointed that neither of these two hotels offers destination dining.
Ame was very nice. But I don’t miss it. 1* Mourad, 1* In Situ, and 3* Benu are right around the corner from the StR, and we dine at one or more of those on just about every stay. 1* Luce and 1* Sushi Hariri are just a few blocks away, as well. 1* Khin Khao and 1* Michael Mina, as well as 3* Saison, are also in a 8-10 block walking radius. Heck, even 1* Campton Place isn’t a bad walk. The StR has more than enough amazing dining nearby that we haven’t missed Ame much at all.

EDITED: Campton Place is now 1*. FWIW, I’ll be at the StR next weekend, and we have dinner Fri night at Benu and Sat night at Mourad. Saturday or Sunday night we got VIP’d by the StR concierge to avoid the line to Charmaine’s atop the Proper Hotel.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 26, 2018 at 12:30 pm