FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:52 am
dchen2

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by l380
Was your coworker using the same hotel program to do the match to Hilton? Or is it one status match per Hilton account?
I just asked him. He said he tried matching with his Platinum SPG status initially (He did the 2016 match with his Marriott Plat status at the time). When it got rejected, he tried with his Plat Marriott status but no success there either. When he followed up with the 2nd match attempt, Hilton CS said the following " I have reviewed your account and found that you have already participated in our current status match offer. The offer can only be added once to any account. "

So in his case at least, Hilton is fairly strict about one status match from 2016 to now.

Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
I just completed a fast track to Diamond by completing 10 stays in 90 days. I am not sure about his travel coming up, but that could be an option for him if they agree.
Thank you for the heads up. My Coworker just inquired about this. Hilton CS said they can extend the 10stay/18day Diamond challenge as an onetime offer but his account would only get upgraded to Diamond after successfully completing the challenge.

Since he doesn't get Diamond status during the challenge period (unlike the 90 day status match where temporary 90day Diamond would be granted immediately) and it might be iffy meeting all 10 stays in 90 days, my coworker decided to grit his teeth through the Marriott/SPG merger integration trouble and assess later if he really wants to jump ship to Hilton.