FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - America West pilots reject contract
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2003, 9:04 pm
WebTraveler

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AS Flyer:
Do you really believe that these Pilots are now making what they were told they would when hired? They, too, have suffered pay cuts and furloughs to keep their company alive. America West is doing well now, on the right track and they just want something back since they were the ones that suffered to get the company on the right track. I don't see a thing wrong with that.

</font>

Let's do pure profit sharing then for anything about what they are making now. If the airline makes money the pilots make money. If the airline loses money the pilots stay flat at a guaranteed base rate. Sounds fair to me.

I am sick and tired of all of this grumbling and crying by airline employees. If you do not like the job, the pay, the away from home, the travel benefits, the benefit of commutting from any city in the network to the hub (for free), the irritated customers, and (for some, such as pilots) the less than full time schedule compared to the "real" world, then look for a job in another industry, doing something different.