FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Egypt visa on arrival questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:39 am
oliver2002
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Took the family to Egypt this month and wanted to do the evisa to save pages in my passport. Didn't do it in the end because i forgot about it... anyway, had 100$ in hand, and upon landing in HRG I lined up infront of the bank counters. The touts of tour operators were yelling their lungs out to get us to come to them. One had my name on his board, obviously skimmed from the hotel driver. The bank guy took my 100$, and our passports and stuck the visa into them himself. The immigration guy just stamped the kids passports and only scanned in the adult passports, not even waiting for a response. While leaving in Cairo immigration was more particular, and noted the kids were never entered into the country. But even he was not very particular and forgot to stamp my younger sons passport. The guy checking everyones passport after immigration also missed that. Egypt doesn't seem to care much about the entire immigration process for tourists, the data is also not collected from the airlines. Refreshing in todays world.