FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - seat assignments on ET flights
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:38 am
susiesan

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by dvs7310
ET and TK both have equally bad customer service, but the airline itself is a fine experience. Don't let the difficulty of reaching them on the US number set your expectations for their onboard service. Your best bet is to call the main number in Addis Ababa via Skype, Viber, etc., they have always picked up straight away when I've called there. I can't recall if ET is one of the airlines that does this or not, but a lot of airlines do lock seat assignments once selected online and can't be changed after that. It's a senseless policy in my opinion, but is fairly common in the industry. TK is the same in that regard also, once selected, seats can't be changed again until check in.

One other point about ET if you don't get your seats changed before check in, I have noticed in the past that very few passengers use online check in and instead wait until the airport to check in, .so if you check in at 24 hours prior, the whole cabin will likely be available to change to.
I will not be able to do online check in as I will be at the end of a safari, way out in the Serengeti with no internet access. I also have no way to call Addis. I will continue to call here in the US. All I have is the 800 number that is never answered. How do I get in touch with the LA or Washington office; what are those phone numbers? I cannot find them online.

All I can hope for is someone onboard willing to swap seats with me if I can't get them changed before the flight on Sept. 9.