FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Menu: Why FAs are so diligent to take them away recently?
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:07 pm
oontiveros

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by CGK
I like to collect the menu given in the flights that I was in. But recently, the FAs were so diligent to take them away. Well, it's okay if they do it in discreet. But the problem is that it seems they count how many out there, and which seats they could not collect back. The annoying thing was that she asked me where my menu was. I said I took it for my collection. And she was not happy about it. And the pax around me looking at me like I am a guilty party. This happened not once or twice, but more often from my recent flights this past month.
Is SQ has a new policy of menu recycling in order to save money? I know most of the pax do not care for the menu, but when one of the pax loves to take the menu, why the FAs get so unhappy about it?
Just for comparison, when I flew BA, LH and CX recently, I had no problem taking the menu home. I think the FAs did not even collect them back.
Yes they do seem to count them. One of my "regular" FAs was not too happy about have to organise and count a pile of menus as another one of her duties. Though I have to add she didn't say that just implied it.