FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:50 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Wanted to drop a note about the lounge in Amsterdam (Aspire Lounge). Arrived there last week to find a long line of passengers (out the door) with a single lounge agent processing incoming passengers. Shouldn't be a problem... except every single one of them was priority pass! We had to wait while they had their cards scanned, payment calculated (many were in groups of two or three with families and children), and receipts signed. Two people in line were trying to gain access without their PP card, which caused more discussion and hold up.

Passengers with a valid boarding pass (only me) were left waiting and it took just under 10 minutes to get into the lounge. The other attendant was apparently on their break.

I mention this because I'm assuming LH is paying for lounge access, and their passengers can get a pretty raw deal at times. My suggestion would be a double queue - one line for priority pass, the other for those with valid boarding passes (which only take a second to scan and the passenger can proceed).